10 top Memories of 2008 in no particular order:
1. My son’s graduation.
2. Catching the first rainbow trout at our family reunion in Arkansas.
3. Accidentally smashing four pizzas we were toting back to hungry family reunion because spouse and I pulled into a deserted parking lot for spontaneous combustion in the back of the rental van. We blamed it on a deer jumping in front of the car and causing the pizza’s to fly.
4. Finishing final draft of novel.
5. Publication of a story, and public readings throughout the spring, summer and fall.
6. Caring for my dying mother.
7. Working with a personal trainer in my home. Worth every penny; he thought I was gorgeous.
8. Cybering with a woman on a vampire site (purely a writing exercise, you understand) who scared me more than turned me on.
9. Being disinherited.
10. My brother’s wedding to a guy who is very much like my mother.